The administrator works directly with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to ensure that our organization is efficient, effective and powerful. S/he helps develop organizational and programmatic goals and tracks our progress; coordinates and evaluates our power-building, and facilitates fundraising, communication, information sharing and staff development throughout the organization and with our allies. A member of the leadership team, the Administrator exercises sound judgment and discretion in making decisions about the short and long-term direction of PennEnvironment.
Representative responsibilities include:
• Building and Tracking Organizational Assets: The Administrator helps create the organization’s business plan and compiles regular updates on our progress; s/he tracks spending plans for our grants, compiles and provides information to funders, and tracks budgets for all PennEnvironment programs.
• Driving the Program: The Administrator is responsible for tracking and reporting on our campaign goals and progress toward them, convening program meetings, and providing input into program and strategy development. S/he is responsible for driving follow up from program meetings and staff trainings.
• Building the Brand: S/he helps set goals and track media work, posts content on the Environment America website, compiles the best media clips and other materials for events and meetings, and helps to develop and transmit regular updates to the organization’s top donors and political contacts.
• Managing the Team: The Administrator organizes staff meetings, trainings and retreats; s/he compiles staff evaluations and maintains the organization’s online personnel database.
• Recruiting and Training the Next Generation of Activists: The Administrator manages and recruits interns, recruits candidates for the Environment America fellowship program, and helps coordinate trainings for existing staff.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated organizer to fill this role. S/he must be detail oriented, good with numbers, highly skilled with computers, databases, various online programs, a competent writer and an articulate spokesperson and public face of the organization. The ideal Administrator candidate would care deeply about both the content of our campaigns and about building a strong and enduring institution to achieve long-term social change. Not a glory seeker, we need somebody in this role who is glad to be behind the scenes, but able and willing to take command, solve problems, hold people accountable, and motivate staff at all levels of the organization. The Administrator must be able to juggle multiple priorities, s/he must be hungry for responsibility, and demonstrate grace under pressure.
Compensation and Benefits:
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. PennEnvironment offers a competitive benefits package.
PennEnvironment organizes and mobilizes the public in order to win concrete social change for our environment. We are part of Environment America, a federation of state based environmental advocacy organizations.
This position is based in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, PA.
Apply online at http://bit.ly/2nesvLl
. Direct your cover letter to Stephanie Wein, Clean Water Advocate.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Orion Magazine