Hidden Villa is a nonprofit educational organization that uses its organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco.
Our mission is to inspire a just and sustainable future through our programs, land, and legacy.
The Farm and Nature Science (FNS) After School Teacher is responsible for daily teaching and safety of Hidden Villa After School programs for youth in grades 3-6. Teachers will become knowledgeable of Hidden Villa environmental education curriculum and teaching practices, and work in a team to facilitate engaging activities for each teaching day. This is an hourly position.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
1. Facilitate engaging farm and nature-based learning experiences for Elementary School and Homeschool youth.
2. Deliver natural science program curriculum in garden, wilderness, and animal settings.
3. Become familiar with Next Generation Science Standards and Social Emotional Learning Standards (training provided).
4. Collaborate with Community Programs team for program prep and to continually refine programs.
1. Ability to exercise judgment in a position of responsibility and to work without direct supervision.
2. 1-2 years of teaching experience with children.
3. Experience working with youth from a diversity of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
4. Ability to be flexible and assume responsibility for group instruction with minimal preparation.
5. Strong group management and risk management skills.
6. Friendly, helpful, and confident personality.
7. Experience with or passion for learning about animals, gardens, science, and nature.
8. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and comfortable interacting with farm animals.
9. CPR & First Aid certified or willing to obtain.
Terms of Employment
This is a part time non-exempt position. 12noon to 5pm on Thursdays and Fridays from 2/22/18 - 5/25/18.
Option to work one day or both.
Salary rate: $ 19/hr
Deadline to apply is February 1, 2018.
Start date is February 15, 2018.
Documentation establishing your right to work in the United States is required along with submission of fingerprints and the subsequent successful background check and response. Hidden Villa is a non-smoking environment. Hidden Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume with cover letter.
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.
The Grassroots Jobsource connects the green leaders of tomorrow with good work today. Postings are $35 for 60 days, and focused on making change for people or planet. Click here to post an announcement.