Climate Interactive Paid 1-Year Internship (2014-2015)
Climate Interactive seeks a self-motivated intern to join our talented team in developing ways for people to understand how to address climate and sustainability challenges worldwide. This internship will offer the right individual an exceptional opportunity to gain experience as they work within a small organization that has a global reach and impact. The intern will assist with many aspects of our operations, from research and administration to media and communications. Climate Interactive does not have a physical office, so this is a telecommuting position. The internship is 30 hours per week for up to 12 months. Compensation will be $14/hour. The intern is responsible for providing all computer equipment and software necessary for the position.
Responsibilities are listed below. The top three characteristics required are 1) self-motivation and ability to telecommute effectively, 2) writing and communication skills, including web and social media skills, and 3) productivity and attention to detail with administrative tasks.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Entering data and analyzing spreadsheets
• Organizing staff travel – researching hotels and flights
• Completing miscellaneous computer tasks and responding to short term needs for help from staff
• Creating, organizing and reviewing expense reports
Communications & Media (50%):
• Maintaining and updating website, blog, and social media
• Developing and writing content for online communications and electronic newsletters
• Creating and editing video and images
• Responding to email inquiries from external partners
• Creating user accounts and managing contact database
• Gathering relevant information on climate and energy policies and impacts to serve Climate Interactive projects on clean energy and climate resilience
Qualifications, skills, & core competencies:
• Highly self-motivated, responsible, and independent
• Recent graduate seeking experience in the climate, sustainability, or energy sector
• Available to telecommute during Eastern time business hours
• Excellent writing and editing skills with a strong attention to detail
• Well-organized, self-motivated, and able to manage deadlines
• Team player willing to perform a variety of tasks
• Exceptional computer skills
• Proficient in website maintenance (HTML & CSS), blogging, and social media
• Experience with video and image editing
• Able to quickly master new technology systems
• Interest in climate, sustainability, and energy issues
• Experience in system dynamics, systems thinking, and organizational learning would be a plus
This position offers the chance to contribute significantly to the mission of the organization. Please visit Climate Interactive's website to familiarize yourself with our work before applying.
Applicants should fill out an application. Please note that we appreciate your interest in the position, though due to the volume of applications can not respond to all individually. Please do not submit any other materials or contact Climate Interactive staff.
Climate Interactive is a project of New Venture Fund, which is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.