Supervisor: Executive Director
Be the public face of Earthfire Institute in the development community and a business partner to the Executive Director in leading the organization forward. Serve as a key fundraiser to support Earthfire’s ability to fulfil its mission.
* Fundraising , Development and Donor Relations
* Marketing and Public Relations
* Financial Management
* Operations Management
Fundraising, Development and Donor Relations
* Create and implement a development plan that details how the organization solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as grants, in-kind donations, charitable events and marketing opportunities.
* Manage, understand and solicit major funding sources, large donors, and become familiar with new funding streams such as foundations. Write grants and secure funding for existing staff, animal care and new projects.
* Work closely with the Executive Director to cultivate personal relationships with existing major donors. Maintain communication with donors and cultivate new relationships to secure ongoing funding.
* Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
* Perform capacity research for new donors and prospective donors, and arrange personal meetings with donors who have the capacity to make major gifts.
* Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization.
* Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts.
* Research potential speaking engagements, conferences and/or Earthfire retreat possibilities.
The Grassroots Jobsource connects the green leaders of tomorrow with good work today. Postings are $35 for 60 days, and focused on making change for people or planet. Click here to post an announcement.