47 Daisies is a non-profit working farm with a mission of nurturing community through sustainable cultivation of the highest quality food, preservation of the farm’s land base, and celebration of a vibrant future for farming, nature and the interconnections of human needs and whole ecosystems. We are located on a gorgeous 50 acres in Vassalboro in Central Maine, where we produce Certified Naturally Grown vegetables, berries and mushrooms to supply our Food Access Program, retail store, farmer’s markets and CSA. Our fields, woods and wetlands provide an outdoor classroom for connecting all ages to food, farming and the natural world.
47 Daisies seeks an Education Coordinator to create, organize and implement community education and outreach programming at our farm. This is a year-round full-time position that will require weekend and occasional evening hours. Our desired start date is June 1, 2017. Starting salary is $25,000 plus our Certified Naturally Grown produce.
A complete position description is available on our Web site, www.47daisies.com.
The successful Education Coordinator will work in partnership with fellow staff to develop and deliver the highest quality events and activities that connect community members of all ages with food, farming and the natural world. 47 Daisies is a hard working farm and you are expected to join the fast paced, fluid and active weekly schedule that the organization dictates. This is a demanding position that is both challenging and rewarding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• In consultation with other staff, create and carry out education program activities to support the mission of 47 Daisies.
• Prepare the venue for all community events. This includes but is not limited to planning for and managing logistics for all activities and events, including room preparation, signage, parking, trail readiness, etc.
• Maintain excellent communications with other members of the 47 Daisies team to support effective program delivery, volunteer recruitment and donor relationships.
• Provide occasional support for all aspects of the farm (e.g. pick berries, weed, wash veggies, farm store and farmer’s markets)
At 47 Daisies we look for caring, compassionate, enthusiastic people committed to building community and improving lives. We seek a college graduate who possesses motivation and enthusiasm for teaching all ages about the wonders of food, farming and the natural world. A good match for the organization is a highly adaptable person with a positive attitude, initiative, strong work ethic, and ability to communicate.
Specific desired qualifications include (see the position description for a more complete list):
• Education, training, and experience in planning and presenting field-based environmental and natural history education programs
• Experience in and enthusiasm for working with youth
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team but with minimal supervision
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Email submissions only: cover letter, resume and contact information for three references