Tin Mountain Conservation Center is a non-profit organization providing environmental programs that foster greater awareness and understanding of the natural environment for school children, adults, and families. We are seeking an Education and Outreach Intern for summer and fall 2018.
The position will involve both classroom and field instruction. Applicants must be committed to environmental stewardship, environmental education for all ages, conscientious about his/her work, and enthusiastic about all programs presented to children and adults. The first half of the internship will involve working as an outreach educator at Tin Mountain during the summer months. The second half of the internship will focus on school programs – both classroom instruction and field trips. Applicants should have a minimum of CPR and first aid certification (or the ability to acquire them before the start of the program). Wilderness first aid and water safety certification are preferred.
Duties will include:
• During the summer, working with local inns and hotels to offer programs.
• Leading walks at the Tin Mountain’s Rockwell Sanctuary.
• Offering outreach programs at libraries throughout the Mount Washington Valley.
• Offering other outreach programs as they arise.
• The position may occasionally entail assisting at one of our summer day camps.
• During the fall, planning and presenting environmental programs for students grades K-8.
• Leading/co-leading field trips for school groups, home schools, and other outreach groups.
• The Education and Outreach Intern will also participate in other ongoing projects that support the organization’s mission.
The internship will begin mid-June and run through early-November 2018. Applicants should have completed a minimum of 2 years of college in a related field.
Compensation is $1000/month plus housing.
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and references to Phaedra Demers at firstname.lastname@example.org
by May 1, 2018.