Texas Farmers Market
Position Title: Executive Director
Classification: Full-time, salaried
Reports to: F2M Texas Board of Directors
The Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for F2M Texas’ staff, programs, expansion and mission execution. This role serves as a cohesive force behind a small team of employees working from home and represents the organization in person at most markets. The Executive Director directly supervises the Director of Operations and Deputy Director.
Executive Director Primary Responsibilities
• Executes the organization’s strategic plan, aims, and deliverables, with guidance from the Board of Directors.
• Develops and maintains organization budget and forecasting.
• Maintains and builds a healthy organizational culture that values and supports staff and all stakeholders.
• Maintains communication the Board of Directors and generates quarterly reports.
• Serves as lead for vendor relations and advisory committee elections.
• Maintains and monitors organization financial health with support from CPA and Bookkeeper.
• Leads and develops grant strategy, implementation, and reporting.
• Manages Human Resources with external support.
• Manages vendor applications.
• Represent Texas Farmers Markets at public facing events including conferences, events, and other engagements.
• Mediate vendor and stakeholder issues as they arise.
• Ensure the organization is complying with, and annually updates, TFM Market Rules.
Executive Director Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
• 5 years experience in a relevant field, preferably Farmers Markets or nonprofit organizations
• 3 years experience in a management role.
• Passion for local food systems and farmers markets.
• Knowledge of nonprofit organization practices and procedures.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Knowledge and experience budgeting; experience with QuickBooks preferred.
• Ability to work remotely and manage a team who works from home.
• Ability to regularly attend markets on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits: Texas Farmers Markets provides employees with generous benefits, paid time off, and a flexible and supportive work environment. $60,000 - $65,000 annual salary, depending on experience. This position is available starting as of 12/10/2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Texas Farmers’ Market provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To Apply: To apply, please email a cover letter and resume with subject line Executive Director to TFM(at)texasfarmersmarket.org
Application Deadline: January 18th, 2020