Farmers Market Program Developer
Central Louisiana’s first regional Farmers Market Program Developer will work under the guidance of the Central Louisiana Local Foods Initiative, a partner-led coalition connected by the Central Louisiana Economic Development Alliance (CLEDA). This is a full-time position and will be housed at CLEDA’s offices in Alexandria, Louisiana. The position will report to CLEDA’s Director of Regional Innovation.
The Farmers Market Program Developer will work to strengthen and expand the region’s farmers market network thereby increasing healthy eating and access to healthy food. The coordinator’s duties are expected to include but not be limited to:
• Coordinating with regional markets to develop, present and implement best practices for market growth and development
• Raising the visibility of farmers markets in the region by developing marketing materials and capitalizing on the existing Fresh Central: Grown in the Heart of Louisiana local foods branding initiative
• Working with communities to help them develop new farmers markets
• Working with partners to develop farmers market programs
• Working directly with market managers to implement market programs, such as EBT/Snap and Kids Club
• Leading the Central Louisiana Farmers Market Taskforce, which includes:
o Helping to strengthen its membership and the membership’s capabilities
o Helping formalize its practices and serving as liaison representing market interests, and
o Leading the taskforce to identifying opportunities and challenges to healthy food access as they relate to markets
Salary $40,000 - $50,000 Depending on qualifications.
About CLEDA: We’re based in Alexandria, La. – named one of Louisiana’s two adventure towns by National Geographic magazine. We’re in the heart of the Kisatchie, the state’s only national forest. Backpack, kayak, mountain bike. Join the diehards for their annual New Year’s Day ride on the 31-mile Wild Azalea Trail. Find your tribe at a MakerMorning. Paddle with a crew in the dragon boat races, shuffle along with the Zombies or yarn-bomb trees as ArtWalk approaches.
Think you’d like to join us? Email a resume with a cover letter to John Dean, by the end of Friday, December 9th. We’ll set up interviews shortly thereafter.