Description of school:
Arthur Morgan School is a small, alternative boarding and day school for 27 students in grades 7-9. Our 100 acre campus, located in the Black Mountains of North Carolina, consists mainly of woods and meadows, with creeks and a pond; it is surrounded by National Forest. The school fosters a loving, energetic living/learning community dedicated to supporting individuality while teaching group cooperation. A balance is sought between academics, outdoor activities, and meaningful work. Experiential learning and responsible participation in community are emphasized throughout. Boarding students live in homes with two or three staff members, and the entire community actively shares work, study, play, and decision-making.
Finance Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Act as the principal business agent of the School with respect to financial matters.
• Conduct financial relationships with external parties in a manner which strengthens AMS’ reputation as a responsible and respected business partner and community member.
• Chair and coordinate the activities of the Staff Finance Committee.
• In cooperation with the AMS Bookkeeper, maintain financial accounting records and controls in a manner which is consistent with GAAP and which meets the needs of AMS staff and Board for financial management information.
• Coordinate the preparation of the School’s operating budget and monitor compliance with it.
• Work in cooperation with the Development Coordinator to insure appropriate accounting for and management of the School’s fund-raising activities and resulting designated or restricted funds.
• Prepare appropriate financial reports for and attend all AMS Board meetings.
• Monitor and coordinate AMS’ compliance with legal and reporting requirements related to financial management.
• Monitor risk management issues in School operations, and work with our insurance agents and companies to maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
• Coordinate the School’s process for negotiating and awarding financial aid to student’s families.
• Execute financial contracts and arrangements with parents, and enforce compliance with them.
• Support effective human resource management at AMS, particularly with respect to the efficient and fair administration of the School’s compensation and staff benefit policies and programs.
• Maintain documentation of financial management policies and procedures which is current and which would support a smooth transition of duties to future Finance Office staff.
The Grassroots Jobsource connects the green leaders of tomorrow with good work today. Postings are $35 for 60 days, and focused on making change for people or planet. Click here to post an announcement.