The Interpretive Programs Manager works in a dynamic team environment and provides leadership/training in interpretive program development/delivery and collaborates with program staff, interns and volunteers to provide exceptional interpretive experiences for Wild Center audiences on our 81 acre campus and throughout the Adirondack Park. The position also creates, designs and delivers interpretive programs, may include some interpretive exhibit writing and associated media. This position serves in leadership capacity for project management of new exhibit/interpretive program teams.
• Must be an experienced interpreter/educator in creating programs in informal science, environmental education, and/or natural history interpretation with experience and/or commitment to serving family and public audiences.
• Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience in program & project management/supervision of informal museum education programming for varied audiences ranging from children to adults.
• Must be comfortable and skilled in public presentation both in small and large group (150 people +) settings and enjoy working in a fast-paced creative and supportive team environment.
• Candidate must have broad understanding of philosophy and best practices in the informal learning environments of museums and like institutions. Must be experienced and skilled in developing appropriate programs and training staff for a variety of ages and in particular the dynamic of the family visitor group.
• Experience in best practices in training, mentoring and coaching staff in interpretive program design, development and delivery.
• Demonstrate excellent writing skills
Education and/or Experience:
BS or higher in a related field or appropriate experience, MA/MS preferred. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in creating & delivering exceptional science-based visitor experiences in the informal learning environment.
For a full job description, please visit our website http://www.wildcenter.org/about-us/careers/
Please send a resume & cover letter to:
Tawnya Kentile – Human Resources
The Wild Center
45 Museum Drive
Tupper Lake NY 12986
DEADLINE: December 21, 2016