The Logistics Assistant is a temporary, part-time position with EarthCorps. The position will support EarthCorps’ Logistics Manager with oversight of gear room and food purchase for restoration crews camping in front and back country settings. This position will also provide direct support to logistics operations e.g. tool, gear and vehicle maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Purchase, package, and organize food, gear, and camping supplies for 3- to 10-day camping trips
• Ensure that all camping gear is in excellent working condition
• Assist crews with packing and unpacking for camping trips
• Assist in the maintenance and management of field infrastructure (tools, fleet, facilities, and equipment).
• Conduct effective and timely communication with supervisor, field staff and crew leaders.
• Prepare gear inventory lists, equipment use and maintenance logs, menu and ingredient lists.
• Track camp food and gear expenses and budgets
• Foster and encourage quality work and interaction among corps members
• Follow proper food handling procedures and keep food storage and food handling areas clean.
• Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently (self-motivated) and as a member of a team
• Ability to multitask and problem solve
• Ability to shop for food items in large grocery stores and online in a timely, efficient and effective manner
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Understanding of healthy eating habits and basic nutrition concepts
• Knowledgeable about meat, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, culturally sensitive, and food allergy menus
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to work variable hours, including some weekend days and for entire duration of temporary position (June – Oct.)
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record with an ability to operate full-size vehicles safely
• Understanding of Leave No Trace ethics
• Positive attitude and sense of humor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Temporary, part-time, non-exempt at 20 hours per week.
Duration of position: June, 2017 – October, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Application window will remain open until position is filled. Priority consideration given to applications received by Feb 20, 2017.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Orion Magazine