The RE Store is a program of RE Sources, a non-profit environmental education and advocacy organization based in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. RE Sources protects the communities, creatures and wild places of the central Salish Sea region through a combination of bold advocacy, public issue-focused education, hands-on environmental education for students, scientific fact and effective action.
The RE Store stands against racism, white supremacy, and injustice and the ingrained structures and institutions that enable and perpetuate them. Indigenous, Black and other communities of color, as well as low income families and children, are disproportionately harmed by environmental degradation and climate change. We envision a future where every person benefits from clean energy, less pollution and thriving outdoor places.
Our community is in the middle of a market boom in which housing and building material costs are skyrocketing. As a community focused architectural salvage center, we work to create a culture of reuse by diverting waste from the landfill, offering affordable building materials and home furnishings for all income levels, providing job training opportunities, and fostering an inclusive space where all feel welcome.
Outreach and Marketing Manager
The RE Store is seeking a creative, innovative and motivated team member to manage our outreach and communications efforts. This position focuses on generating communications and fostering relationships to support the activities of RE Store programs. Specifically, this position will focus on raising the profile and visibility of The RE Store’s work in the region, building awareness of reuse and architectural salvage, identifying opportunities to support our Community Jobs Training Program, showcasing the work and products of our Revision Division home furnishings brand, supporting the growth of our Salvage Services client list and engaging the community in creative and functional reuse opportunities.
The RE Store Marketing and Outreach Manager is a member of the organizational management team; the ability to work well as a team leader, to interact regularly with program staff, our customers and community, and work closely with a diverse set of personalities is essential. The working environment at The RE Store is fun, supportive, and extremely rewarding. The top priorities for this position are to:
- Engage with partners that can support RE Store operations via in-kind trade and financial support
- Engage with our community through an ever changing world of digital media, and use video to reach new audiences
- Play a key role in the leadership of internal policies and procedures around customer engagement
- Drive the branding and voice of The RE Store and associated programs
- Maintain and nurture partnerships and community relationships that support our mission and organizational goals
- Attend and engage in outreach and community events to broaden and engage our audience
- Reimagine our use of social media and digital media to fully convey our organizational brand and priorities
- Develop and launch high quality and engaging videos for use on social media, our website and other digital platforms
- Lead the development of an integrated communications plan for projects and campaigns, including message research and development, campaign planning, innovative visual and storytelling strategies
- Create and distribute all RE Store and related program web content, social media content, newsletter content, advertising, in-store signage and cross-marketing partnerships
- Engage in local, regional, and national press opportunities to highlight the RE Store, including acting as occasional spokesperson for issues related to our work
- Coach and support staff as spokespersons who can effectively represent our organization’s mission
- Supervise interns and identify opportunities for interns to grow in relationship to RE Store marketing and communications
- Track and review digital analytics in order to determine communication effectiveness and drive future strategies
Implement and manage effective marketing tools and campaigns to grow our customer base
- Work with Store managers to manage the customer experience of our online Shopify store
- Plan and execute fundraising and community appreciation events, including sponsorship solicitation, promotional material design, and the coordination of event logistics and operations
- Manage yearly online & in-store fundraising campaigns, including the creation of graphic materials, website and social media content, and donor management;
- Write and distribute monthly e-newsletter using MailChimp
- Create handbills, posters, pamphlets, banners, and other graphics materials in line with organizational brand standards
- Utilize Salesforce to track supporter activity, and apply trends to developing strategies
- Work closely with RE Store Managers, The RE Store Director, the RE Sources Communications Director and RE Sources communications team to increase revenue from both in-store and online sales
- Support in-store merchandising efforts with photography, signage and messaging
- High level of detail and organization and proven success in a marketing role, or equivalent lived experience
- Excellent written and visual communication skills that will garner donor support, attract earned media and convey compelling messaging
- Talent for working within brand guidelines to design captivating print and digital designs, using graphic design standards, typography, layout, graphic file creation and pre-press
- Experience using video to tell stories with a variety of themes across multiple platforms
- Savvy around social media and and digital engagement
- Experience planning and implementing of community events
- Excitement for creating and inspiring a culture of reuse through merchandising and in-store visual environment
- Industry-current knowledge of web content management in Wordpress or equivalent CMS., experience contracting with web developers for larger web projects
- Commitment to the advancement of the health and wellbeing of our community and the advancement of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our region’s communities. RE Sources encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Persons with Disabilities, Women and Gender-nonconforming people especially in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented. Data shows that women and BIPOC candidates often hesitate to apply for a job because they may not meet all the qualifications listed. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you.
Hours and Compensation
The Outreach and Marketing Manager position is full-time, 40 hours per week with an annual salary range of $42,000 to $45,000 DOE. We offer a flexible work schedule, opportunities for professional growth and a generous paid time off program, a complete benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance, sick leave, PTO accrual and an employer sponsored 401K. This position reports to The RE Store Director.
We are motivated to fill this position as soon as possible with the right candidate. Deadline to apply is August 22nd.
Drop off a cover letter and resume to The RE Store cashier
Send cover letter and resume to: hr [@] re-sources.org. Put “Outreach and Marketing Manager” in subject line.
The RE Store is located at 2309 Meridian Street, Bellingham, WA. For a full job description and to learn more about The RE Store, please visit our website: re-store.org/employment-and-internships