We are seeking a creative, bright intern for the Hawthorne Valley Association that is ready to hit the ground running with an internship in the Marketing and Development side of a great nonprofit. Interested candidates should have a working understanding of how to grow audiences both online and at events. This individual will work with the executive team to coordinate e-blasts, social media promotion, fundraising events and community outreach and design print materials (with portfolio and experience that demonstrate capability).
- Grow and maintain organization’s social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) presence
- Work with the executive team to keep our website up-to-date
- Analyze web traffic and prepare reports
- Help develop and implement strategies to enhance our online presence
- Assist in research
- Assist in event planning
- Database management and entry
- Help create and manage print branding
- Photo archiving
- Design print materials (with portfolio and experience that demonstrate capability)
- Active college student (junior or senior year preferred) obtaining a BA or BS
- Organized with the ability to self-manage, but loves to work in a team. Demonstration of self-initiative is a must.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp and email marketing platforms preferred; Adobe Suite, HTML and CSS would be a major plus!
- Excel and Google Spreadsheet skills
- Social media fluency (primarily Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- The right candidate should be able to advance multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for details
- If the candidate has design skills, with a keen eye for composition and typography - there is certainly work waiting to build your portfolio with!
What is the Hawthorne Valley Association?
Over the past four decades, HVA has grown into a pioneering organization at the heart of the regenerative living economy in the Hudson River Valley. Our integrated learning campus sits in a 700-acre Demeter-certified Biodynamic farm in Ghent, NY, in the Hudson Valley’s scenic Columbia County. Organized since 1972 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit, our initiatives include: an early childhood through grade 12 Waldorf school; on-farm education programs; a full-line organic/natural foods and grocery store; a biodynamic creamery, organic bakery, and fermentation cellar; a 300-plus member Biodynamic CSA; social, ecological, and cultural research groups; teacher education programs; arts initiatives and more.
Visit http://hawthornevalley.org/ to
As an intern, the learning opportunities are endless here at HVA.
Hone your skills and gain valuable experience and training in the world of marketing for business and the non-profit sector, while also being part of a dynamic organization working with a team of positive, passionate people for an amazing cause. Come join us!
This is an unpaid internship and can receive school credit and includes lunch stipend.
Internships are a minimum of 3 months, with the opportunity to stay on longer. Intern will work directly with the Director of Marketing and the executive staff.