Joppa Flats Summer Camp is all about outdoor exploration, play in nature, hands-on science, cooperation and inclusivity, and experiential learning for our campers ages 6-11. Our mission is to connect kids with the natural world, and we’re excited to welcome new members to our team who feel as passionately as we do about getting kids outside and into nature. It’s a lot of hard work, but we like to think it’s the best, most fun and rewarding work to be doing! Please be sure to visit www.massaudubon.org/joppaflatscamp to familiarize yourself with the mission and content of our camp programming.
Joppa Flats Education Center seeks enthusiastic nature education counselors for its nature-based day camp for children ages 6 to 11. They will collaborate closely as a team and under the lead of the Camp Director on curriculum development, planning and running of activities. Counselors are educators and also caretakers - we inspire a love for nature and science, but we also are responsible for the physical and emotional safety of our campers at all times. Please visit our jobs webpage for full job description: https://www.massaudubon.org/...ob_search=&btn=
Provided, mandatory training will include risk management, childhood development, Hazardous Communication Law, blood-borne pathogen safety, lesson planning, and a three-day, two-night field school experience at Mass Audubon’s Camp Wildwood.
40-40.5 hours/week, Mondays - Fridays 8:00am – 4:00pm, excluding Wednesdays which are 8:00am-4:30pm
Training and Planning Weeks: June 11-15 and 18-22, 2018
Camp Weeks: June 25-August 17
*Camp is closed on the 4th of July
• Be enthusiastic and excited about learning
• Have the ability and willingness to think on their feet and adapt to dynamic, changeable camp days.
• Be at least 20 years of age.
• Have a genuine interest in, and understanding of, children. Patience and sense of humor is a must!
• Have the ability to work both cooperatively and independently.
• Have a strong interest in nature and a desire to share it with children. Experience is a plus.
• Be certified in First Aid/CPR/AED for Children and Adults by the first day of camp
• Be comfortable working largely outside and willing to handle sun and bugs.
• Valid driver’s license required and, have at 2 years of experience as a licensed driver
• Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver’s)
• Certification in lifeguarding or small watercraft/canoe safety and rescue is a plus, though not required.
• Paddling experience is a plus, though not required.