Nature Store Sales Associate and Administrative Assistant-Retail
Posted Mar 10
• Ensure customer service and satisfaction and greets visitors, answer telephones and disseminate NJA/NCCM information, promote NJA mission and answer questions about local natural areas, and natural history.
• Perform ordering, processing and display of merchandise.
• Assist customers with merchandise selection and process sales; encourage membership enrollment with each sale
• Maintain accurate sales records; prepare weekly reconciliations and make bank deposits.
• Maintain inventory database and perform bi-annual store inventory.
• Assist director with offsite sales during special events.
• Assist and guide the work of store volunteers.
• Manage supply and restock of literature for center (membership brochures, checklists, information packs, etc.,) to ensure ample supply available.
• Assist in program registration including coordination of scheduling school groups, birthday parties and public programs
• Manage, coordinate, and maintain the summer camp online registration system.
• Assist with general light maintenance of store and grounds, including breaking down of cardboard, taking out trash and recycling, filling bird feeders, cleaning up, etc.
• Maintain and keep various permits up to date.
• Assist with care and maintenance of animals in coordination with the Teacher-Naturalist
• Participate with Center staff and volunteers to adopt a “team” approach towards daily operations at the Center.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office; retail Point of Sale and Online Program Registration software preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivated self-starter who with capacity to work productively in a team setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to accept direction and constructive feedback.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
• Excellent organizational, time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
• Strong professionalism and work ethic.
• Knowledge of NJ Audubon and the natural world helpful.
• Discretion: Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate