Martin & McCoy is a mission-driven, women-owned water and natural resources consulting firm. We focus on the influence of human and climate processes on land and water resources by connecting design, data science, technology, communication, and conservation strategies. We challenge ourselves on a daily basis to lean into difficult questions and approach uncertainty as a doorway into deeper levels of curiosity, conversation, and investigation. In forming Martin & McCoy in 2019, we acknowledged that our most inspiring place to work is squarely at the intersection of risk and innovation, of creativity and grit, and of analysis and communication. We thrive when asking questions, are energized by innovative thinking, and are inspired by collaborations and projects aspiring to design practical solutions to wicked problems.
Martin & McCoy seeks a part-time Operations Associate to support the company’s mission to analyze data and tell dynamic stories about balancing water supply and demand under climate change impacts, human pressures, and environmental needs. Initially, this position will directly support one of the two Founding Partners to carry out a variety of operations, administrative and research tasks. In the second half of 2021, the position will expand to include additional client, technology, and logistics management for the entire company. Working with Martin & McCoy will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to learn about a diverse set of water and climate projects in the western United States, as well as build knowledge about internal systems that can maximize small business efficiency. The position will include travel throughout the Colorado River Basin and Western North America.
This position will ideally be based in Tucson, Arizona but we are open to work-from-home locations anywhere in the states of Arizona and Colorado.
Position will begin immediately upon hiring, ideally by April 12th, 2021.
1. Assist Partner: Initially, the successful candidate will help one of the founding Partners while she recovers from an injury that temporarily limits interaction with screens. These temporary tasks include managing e-mail correspondence, executing administrative tasks, coordinating schedules and assisting with notetaking and technology during priority meetings. These temporary duties will help the Partner while she recovers and provide the successful candidate with a unique learning opportunity.
2. Business Operations: Work with Partner to implement and improve internal business systems including: invoicing, managing contracts, tracking billable hours, scheduling internal meetings, and working with external IT and security support.
3. Client Management: Work with the full Martin & McCoy team to manage virtual and in person meetings including: scheduling, managing virtual meetings through Zoom or other platforms, and managing technology for other virtual engagement tools.
4. Product Development: Work with Martin & McCoy team on client products including: copy editing, document layout and design, research as needed, and managing Zotero reference libraries.
Skills and Qualifications
• Experience or aptitude to perform duties described above.
• Passion for solving wicked water and climate problems, locally, regionally, and globally.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the desire to help grow a nimble and dynamic mission-driven firm.
• Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and commitment to high-quality work.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office software, Zoom, and Apple operating systems.
• Fluency or aptitude to learn Zotero, Miro, Harvest, Quickbooks, Adobe InDesign, Wix, G-Suite, OneDrive / Sharepoint, Spark, and Slack.
• Ability to travel for meetings, events, and other client and firm needs, and specifically ability to travel long distances.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to rent and drive rental cars for firm needs;
• Flexibility to work in a dynamic setting, bring a sense of humor, and a willingness to take risks.
A competitive hourly wage based on experience.
How to apply
Applicants should upload a cover letter and resume through link provided below. Position will remain open until filled; preference will be given to candidates who apply by March 23, 2021.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, or any other protected class.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Orion Magazine