Tin Mountain Conservation Center is seeking to employ a biologist to help manage the organization’s existing research projects and explore new research opportunities. The Research Manager will work with the Interim Research Director to create a long term vision for the research arm of Tin Mountain which is integrated into the organization’s larger mission. The Research Manager will also oversee the hiring and supervision of the seasonal interns and field work associated with these ongoing projects.
Tin Mountain has been conducting avian and native trout research for over ten years in an effort to monitor breeding and residential bird populations in Northeast and enhance brook trout habitat in local streams. These activities have been supported by both private and public funding. Since its inception Tin Mountain’s research has employed college interns, many of whom have advanced their education and careers within environmental research and education.
• Work with Interim Research Director to refine and implement research activities at Tin Mountain
• Hire, supervise and work with interns in the field
• Write articles for publication relating to Tin Mountain’s research activities
• Work with Interim Research Director in grant writing and development
• Network with other environmental organizations in the area
• Develop curriculum using current data for use in high school programs
• Assist in teaching high school programs
• Present at Nature Program Series
• Project management experience, including supervising individuals & a budget
• Experience in taking a project from inception to completion
• Report writing supported by statistical analysis
• ArcGIS experience (strongly preferred)
• Bird banding experience (strongly preferred)
• Strong written/oral communication skills
MS in conservation biology, forest ecology, wildlife biology or related fields. Experience banding birds and ArcGIS proficiency strongly preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to Executive Director, Lori Kinsey (firstname.lastname@example.org
) by November 25th.