Full-time from June 25 -August 17
7 weeks, M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm
We need experienced educators who are interested in helping to work with a developing, unique, farm-based summer program for area kids. Together, our staff will plan the weekly activities, build a safe environment for learning and fun, and make meaningful relationships with our campers. Our program success depends wholly on the enthusiasm and commitment of our staff. If you are creative, energetic, willing to be silly, and passionate about food, health, and nature, then we want to hear from you.
• Daily execution of programs designed to encourage campers to investigate Cedar Circle Farm’s fields, greenhouses, and natural spaces
• Direct supervision and safe keeping of our campers
• Collaborative generation of activities and projects that represent our educational goals
• Active participation in program development meetings
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
• A Bachelor’s degree in education, the sciences, the humanities, or other relevant course of study is preferred (but not required)
• Experience working as a camp counselor, classroom teacher or informal educator
• A special interest in organic agriculture
• Enthusiasm for place-based education
• The physical and mental wherewithal to teach outdoors, sometimes under difficult circumstances.
• The ability and desire to work with children
• A familiarity with Cedar Circle Farm
• CPR and First Aid Certification a plus
This is an hourly paid position, wage commensurate with experience.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Orion Magazine