Sustainability Interns gain new skills in environmental sustainability while providing education and outreach in the local community. Interns will gain hands-on outreach skills in fostering sustainable behaviors while also gaining valuable experience learning how mountain communities, governments, and businesses are taking action and monitoring their environmental impacts.
The experiential learning focuses on:
* “Zero Waste” Recycling and waste diversion
* Sustainable Business & Sustainable Destinations
* Energy Efficiency
* Climate Action Initiatives
Professional development is another component of this internship position provided through individual sustainability research projects, field trips, training in sustainable tourism and management systems. Interns rotate through a schedule working on projects for various programs within Walking Mountains Science Center’s Sustainability & Stewardship Program Department, with an emphasis on ‘Zero Waste’ events.
For more information about Walking Mountains Science Center please visit www.walkingmountains.org.
* Desire to educate others on sustainability initiatives while expanding personal knowledge of current sustainability trends
* Enthusiasm for working hands-on with environmental sustainability efforts including handling compost, waste, and recyclables
* Comfortable interacting publicly with a variety of people in various settings
* Minimum of two years completed education, towards a degree related to sustainability
* Positive, self-motivated, organized, and creative individual who can work independently and as part of a team of approximately 7 people
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends)
* Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, and lift up to 50 pounds
* Walking Mountains Science Center hires friendly, energetic, and professional people
* Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, and transportation
* Education and/or training in any specific sustainability subject
* Spanish language skills (verbal and/or written)
Location: Avon, Eagle County, Colorado
Duration of Position: 40 hours/week starting May 29, 2018 and ending October 8, 2018
Compensation: Housing plus $250 weekly stipend.
Contact: Melissa Kirr, Sustainability Programs Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
or (970) 827 9725 x133.
To Apply: Position open until filled, interviews occur on a rolling basis. Please upload a current résumé, cover letter, Walking Mountain Application Form, including 3 professional references, and complete two short answer questions at https://www.walkingmountains.org/...ty-internship/
Interviews will be conducted after February 5 and will continue until all openings are filled.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Orion Magazine