Posted Mar 10
Educational Programming and Visitor Services
• Plan, develop, schedule, and conduct natural history programs for schools, special interest groups, nature camps, the general public, and family programs.
• Fulfill duties as Summer Camp Director including maintaining state board of health and children’s summer camp requirements, conducting drills, and training and assisting seasonal summer staff.
• Take a leadership role in developing, planning and conducting statewide youth birding programs as part of a New Jersey Youth Birder’s Club management team.
• Maintain lesson plans, educational supplies, teaching materials, files and records, and all other programming information.
• Oversee, organize, and conduct administrative duties as needed including program registration and sending out follow-up materials.
• Interact with visitors to the center by answering questions about the natural world, programming opportunities, and NJ Audubon.
• Assist with the design and maintenance of interpretive exhibits, brochures and other center-specific marketing materials.
• Assist in the Center Nature Store and its operation as needed.
• Coordinate the care, feeding, and well-being of live animals (including a marine science lab) that are presented for educational purposes.
• Strive to increase NJ Audubon membership base.
• Represent the NJ Audubon in the local community, expanding the organization’s presence to increase local awareness, support and participation.
• Develop and promote center programs with marketing materials and electronic or social media.
Volunteer and Intern Program
• Assist with the training and supervision of volunteers and interns and regular or contract staff involved in education programs or public interface.
Facilities / Property
• Assist with care and maintenance of the grounds, gardens, and trail system as needed.
• Participate with Center staff and volunteers to adopt a “team” approach towards daily operations at the Center.
• Obtain and maintain certification for First Aid, CPR, and other public safety certification appropriate for the activities at the site.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.