Are you passionate about inspiring the next generation of environmental leaders? Translate your passion to action with YMCA Earth Service Corps (YESC). YESC is seeking to fill multiple Program Supervisor positions.
Program Description: YMCA Earth Service Corps is leadership through environmental service. The mission of YESC is to empower young people to become effective, responsible, global citizens by providing opportunities for service learning, environmental education, and cross-cultural awareness. Program Supervisors serving with YMCA Earth Service Corps will play a crucial role in delivering high quality positive youth development programming to teens in the Greater Seattle Area. YESC is a multi-faceted program that combines school-based environmental clubs, service-learning projects, outdoor opportunities and regional environmental education events into a comprehensive model that minimizes barriers to participation and allows for engagement of diverse populations.
Position Description: Each Program Supervisor will develop youth leaders through the implementation of school-based clubs that provide opportunities for environmental education, leadership development, service-learning, and cross-cultural awareness which instill confidence, build character, and support youth in reaching their fullest potential. Program Supervisors will foster strong relationships with youth, community partners, and volunteers, engaging them through club participation and one-day events including conferences, habitat restoration, and outdoor opportunities.
Program Supervisors will:
• Serve with 4-5 middle or high school environmental service clubs over the course of the school year, initiate and develop partnerships at new schools by identifying sites, fostering relationships, connecting with volunteer Club Advisors, and recruiting teen participants.
• Coordinate with youth leaders to plan and implement environmental service-learning projects.
• Supervise the planning and facilitation of regional environmental projects including habitat restoration; outdoor opportunities including day hikes, snowshoeing, and kayaking; and educational field trips that foster strong connections between youth and the natural world.
• Coordinate and plan regional events and including an Environmental Leaders Summit, Environmental Symposium two Eco-Retreats, and a Year-End Celebration.
• Coordinate and facilitate special programs, including YESC Mini-Grants and Leadership Council.
• Support registration and participant recruitment for all events; manage volunteers.
• Communicate with program audiences, including teachers, youth participants, volunteers, and community partners via social media, newsletters, email communications, etc.
• Collaborate with staff, teen leaders, and volunteers to enhance and improve programming through the development of new curriculum, resources and community partnerships.
• Support YESC fundraising efforts including Annual Fund Drive, one-day events, and year-round philanthropy.
Program Supervisors will be based at the Cascade People’s Center in Seattle while spending time each day traveling to schools in neighboring cities and throughout the Puget Sound.
This position will require willingness to engage in outdoor program activities including habitat restoration, service projects, hikes, kayaking, snowshoeing, etc. in all weather conditions. Some evening and weekend hours are required. This position may require a vehicle.
• Training and experience, including and not limited to: facilitation, participant-centered youth development, wilderness skills, Pacific Northwest ecology, DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), First Aid & CPR, Y Mini-Bus Driver Training, and Teen Abuse Prevention Training.
• Monthly ORCA Transit Pass and Mileage Reimbursement
• YMCA Membership
For more information about YMCA Earth Service Corps or the position, please contact Chelsey Wheeler at email@example.com
Eligibility: Applicants must be at least 21 years old; BA or BS preferred. For more information about YESC’s positions and other positions available through the YMCA’s Camping and Outdoor Leadership Branch, visit www.campingandoutdoorleadership.org. Apply online at https://external-seattleymca.icims.com/...ment/job
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Orion Magazine